Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan
Your Passage Dual (HMO SNP) plan comes with additional benefits to help you get the care you need. Below are the details you need to know about each benefit:
A registered nurse is on call 24/7 if you have non-emergency health and medical questions. Your call is confidential. There is no cost to you to call the nurse hotline:
Remember, if you have an emergency, call 911 or use your local emergency number.
Over-the-counter (OTC) benefit card
Before your plan’s effective date, we mailed you an over-the-counter card to your home. You can use this card to buy eligible non-prescription drugs and health items at participating retailers. Eligible items include:
- Adult aspirin and sinus medicines
- Allergy and sinus medicines
- Cold and flu medicines
- Denture or dental care items
- Ear drops and eye wash
- Vitamins and minerals
Go to www.otcmedicare.com to find out what items you can buy with your OTC card, where the participating retailers are located and what your card balance is. You can also call 1-888-682-2400 to check the card balance.
Things to keep in mind about the OTC card:
- Use the card only for yourself and your OTC drugs and health items. Keep it in a safe place.
- Every three months, we will add a $75 maximum allowance to your card as long as you’re actively enrolled in our special needs plan. If, after three months, your card still has funds left over, we will carry that balance over for your use.
- Use all the funds by Dec. 31 of each year. We will not carry any unspent balance to the after the end of the year.
Your plan includes a non-emergency transportation benefit. It covers up to 10 one-way trips per person to approved locations and appointments like:
- Doctors and specialists
- Urgent care
- Physical, occupational or speech therapy
Medical Transportation Management Inc. will provide the transportation service to our special needs plan members. You need to call them at least two days in advance for routine appointments anywhere in Connecticut. You will need your member’s ID number, your phone number, date of birth and home zip code in order to schedule your rides.
Call the number below between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule, change or cancel rides:
For urgent care and discharge requests, you can call the number any time 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you need to cancel or change your ride, please call as soon as possible because if you miss a scheduled transportation pickup, it may still count as one of your 10 eligible trips.
Every two years, you have a vision allowance of $200 per year that you can use to buy routine eyewear, like:
- Eyeglasses (frame and lenses) or
- Eyeglass lenses only or
- Eyeglass frames only or
- Contact lenses
Please note, the $200 allowance does not count toward your maximum out-of-pocket amount.
Last Update 10/1/2019