Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan
Your ConnectiCare Choice Dual (HMO D-SNP) plan comes with additional benefits to help you get the care you need. Below are the details you need to know about each benefit:
Over-the-counter (OTC) benefit card
Before your plan’s effective date, we will mail you an over-the counter card. You can use this card to buy eligible non-prescription drugs and health items:
- At participating retailers, like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Walmart; or
- Over the phone or online from NationsOTC, and have them delivered to your home.
Eligible items include:
- Adult aspirin and sinus medicines
- Allergy and sinus medicines
- Cold and flu medicines
- Denture or dental care items
- Ear drops and eye wash
- Vitamins and minerals
Go to www.otcnetwork.com to find out what items you can buy with your OTC card, where participating retailers are located, and what your card balance is. You can also call 1-888-682-2400 to check the card balance.
For home delivery, get information in this NationsOTC brochure, visit the website, or call 844-432-4327 (TTY: 711).
Things to keep in mind about the OTC card:
- Use the card only for yourself and your OTC drugs and health items. Keep it in a safe place.
- Every month, we will add a $50 maximum allowance to your card as long as you’re actively enrolled in our special needs plan. This amount does not roll-over and will expire at the end of each month.
Your plan includes non-emergency transportation. It covers up to 24 one-way trips per person to approved locations and appointments like:
- Doctors and specialists
- Urgent care
- Physical, occupational or speech therapy
Call the number below between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule, change or cancel rides:
If you need to cancel or change your ride, please call as soon as possible because if you miss a scheduled transportation pickup, it may still count as one of your 24 eligible trips.
Your plan includes a $300 allowance every two years for routine eyewear like:
- Eyeglasses (frame and lenses) or
- Eyeglass lenses only or
- Eyeglass frames only or
- Contact lenses
This vision allowance only covers routine eyewear dispensed by EyeMed® Insight network providers. Please visit the EyeMed website to find a participating provider in the EyeMed® Insight network, click “Find a Provider” and in the drop down choose “Insight Network.” or call 1-833-337-3134 (TTY: 711) to find a participating provider.
Please note, the $300 allowance does not count towards your maximum out-of-pocket.”
A registered nurse is on call 24/7 if you have non-emergency health and medical questions. Your call is confidential. There is no cost to you to call the nurse hotline:
Remember, if you have an emergency, call 911 or use your local emergency number.
Last Update 4/12/2020