Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program
The Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program is a service we offer at no cost to our Medicare Advantage Plan members with Part D prescription drug coverage. The program is for members who have certain health conditions and take seven or more medications. This program helps you and your doctor make sure that your medicines are working to improve your health.
A pharmacist or a health care provider will review your prescription medicines, over-the-counter drugs and any herbal supplements you may take to make sure they are safe and working for you. Our health care professionals will help you understand your medications and how to take them and answer any questions and concerns you may have.
Who is eligible for the MTM program?
To be eligible, you must be a ConnectiCare Medicare Advantage member with Part D prescription drug coverage. You also have to have certain health conditions and take seven or more medications. If you qualify, we will automatically include you in the program at no additional cost to you. Your participation is completely voluntary.
How do I qualify for the MTM program?
You may qualify for the program if all of the following apply to you:
- You have ConnectiCare Medicare plan that includes Part D prescription drug coverage.
- You use at least seven or more medications.
- You have at least three of the six following conditions:
- Chronic heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- High cholesterol
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- You have spent $3,967 or more per year on Part D medications in 2018 or are expected to spend more than $4,044 or more per year on Part D medications in 2019. (The minimum is $3,967 in 2018 or $3,919 in 2017.)
If you are eligible you will:
- Get a welcome letter that tells you how to get started.
- Be contacted by a pharmacist or health care provider to set up a phone appointment for your full medication review. The review can take up to 30 minutes or longer. During this call, the pharmacist or health care professional will review your prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines and any herbal supplements you take to make sure they are safe and working for you. We want to be sure you understand your medicines and how to take them and will answer any questions and concerns you have.
- Receive a personal medication list, which will be mailed to you after the call. Your personal medication list includes all of the medicines you take for chronic conditions and explains how and why you take them. You will also receive a medication action plan to remind you about what you talked about during the call and what you need to do.
- Have your medicines reviewed for any medication-related issue(s) every quarter. If there are any issues, your doctor will get a letter explaining the issue(s).
How do I get more information about the MTM Program?
To find out more about the program or to see if you qualify, you can call ConnectiCare Medicare Pharmacy Services at 1-888-447-0321 (TTY: 1-800-842-9710), from 9 am to 5 pm., Monday to Friday.
Although the MTM program is a special program provided to Medicare members, it is not considered a benefit.
Last Update 11/26/2018