Quality assurance policy
Our pharmacy team completes quality assurance reviews of the medicines our members take to avoid medication errors, harmful drug reactions and improve medication use. We also oversee the use of prescription drugs and check each prescription filled based on these criteria:
- Dosing: We make sure each drug you take is within established dosage ranges, meaning not too high or too low.
- Gender/age: We check to see if a prescribed drug is right for your gender and age.
- Appropriate medication use: We look at the time frame for refills and new fills to make sure the drugs are taken as directed, following established dosing guidelines for controlled and non-controlled substances.
- Drug-to-drug; drug-to-disease interaction: We look at medication profiles to find any potential interactions between prescribed drugs and your health conditions.
- Medication duplication: We make sure that newly prescribed drugs are not the same as other drugs you are taking.
- FDA-issued warnings: We review FDA-issued warnings about any harmful reactions to medications, new dosage formulations and how the drug is administered (orally, injectable, topically, etc.). We re-evaluate the formulary (list of covered drugs) to make improvements based on our reviews.
Last Update 10/1/2019